Dermocosmetics. What it is?
Dermocosmetics, also called cosmeceuticals, are pharmacy cosmetics intended for people with various skin diseases. Dermocosmetics not only have a nursing effect. Thanks to specially selected compositions, devoid of preservatives, irritating and fragrant ingredients, they also have a therapeutic effect. When it is recommended to use them and how they differ from drugstore products?
Dermocosmetics and cosmetics
Let’s start by explaining the difference between dermocosmetics and cosmetics. Pharmacy products, like those available in cosmetic stores, are available in the form of gels, lotions and liquids. Dermocosmetics, however:
- are created under the watchful eye of specialists,
- They are subjected to multiple tests before they are marketed,
- have a more skin-friendly composition, without irritating and allergenic ingredients,
- contain more active ingredients,
- Dermocosmetics have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects, they lubricate the skin, rebuild epidermis, reduce itching, accelerate healing, soothe erythema, reduce skin hypersensitivity and inhibit excessive keratosis.
When it is worth to reach for dermocosmetics?
Dermocosmetics are created for people with very sensitive, delicate and allergic skin, as well as for those which suffer from various dermatological diseases.
Dermocosmetics are worth reaching for when we have:
- vascular skin,
- atopic dermatitis,
- hypersensitive skin characterized by dryness and dehydration,
- pigmentation discolorations.
What Dermocosmetics Contain?
As we have already mentioned, dermocosmetics do not contain any substances in their composition that could further irritate our skin. Our expert from Miro Apteka online pharmacy says: „Dermocosmetics are characterized by a high content of active ingredients, thanks to which they are much better and more effective than drugstore cosmetics. In their composition you will find m.in. Vitamins A, E, C and B vitamins, which improve the condition of the skin, have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and repairing effects. Another important ingredients are lipids that rebuild the protective barrier, plant substances that smooth the skin and seal capillaries, and ingredients that exfoliate and brighten the skin depending on what skin problem we want to address”.
Systematic use of dermocosmetics can alleviate or even completely cure some skin problems. Dermocosmetics can be used for skin care of pregnant women and even infants! They are very safe and effective, provided you choose the right preparations.